Terry L. Jones, Jr., CPA, MBA
Accounting & Financial Committee
- P&L RESPONSIBILITY / STRATEGIC PLANNING
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- TREASURY AND CASH MANAGEMENT
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT
- INTERNATIONAL AND REAL PROPERTY TAX MANAGEMENT
- JOB AND PROJECT COST MANAGEMENT
- INVENTORY CONTROL AND MANAGEMENT
- PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
- FINANCIAL REPORTING FOR SINGLE AND MULTIPLE ENTITIES
- COORDINATION WITH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL AUDITORS
SMALL, MID-SIZE, AND LARGE ORGANIZATION FINANCIAL MANAGER: I have been fortunate to enjoy a career in financial management with small, mid-size, and large organizations.
CAREER TRACK: Professional growth through such positions as Staff Accountant, Senior Accountant, Accounting Manager, and Controller.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AND PROCESS IMPROVEMENT: Over the past 21 years I have been utilizing skills in financial and business management to decrease costs and improve efficiency for firms of varying sizes and industries.
PROVEN RECORD: I am skilled in the areas of financial and business management, as well as information technology management, with responsibilities ranging from financial systems implementations and conversions to Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) financial, operational, and information technology management and compliance. In the areas of financial, process, and information technology management, my efforts have resulted in double-digit improvements in collections, cost savings through establishment and enforcement of more stringent credit policies, systems conversions to improve the quality and timeliness of financial reporting, and six-figure savings as a result of financial analysis and appeal of tax assessments levied against commercial properties throughout the mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions of the United States.
CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT (CPA): State of Maryland Board of Public Accountancy
MBA – ACCOUNTING AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS: University of Baltimore
BS – ACCOUNTING: University of Baltimore
SELECTED ACHIEVEMENTS AND SKILLS
SARBANES-OXLEY (SOX) IMPLEMENTATION: Managed process documentation and subsequent audit in the areas of finance, operations and information technology for the commercial real estate division of a publicly traded firm.
FINANCIAL SYSTEMS CONVERSION AND IMPLEMENTATION: Converted accounting systems for improved job and project cost reporting and analysis. Implemented computerized accounting system for a small firm that had previously kept records manually. Developed export/import methodology to upload transactions into SAP.
COST SAVINGS: Successfully appealed real property tax assessments, resulting in savings of over $100,000. Revised credit policy and improved collection of accounts receivable by more than 60%. Identified an unprofitable line of business and assisted with its divestiture.
- ELEVATOR INDUSTRY WORK PRESERVATION FUND: Controller, May 2013 to Present
- JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER: Accounting Manager, February 2007 to May 2013
- FRP DEVELOPMENT CORP: Controller, August 2004 to January 2007
- HARVEY AND DAUGHTERS, INC.: Controller, May 2000 to July 2004
- MEDIA TWO, INC.: Controller, January 1998 to July 2000
- MID-ATLANTIC COUNTRY / MARYLAND MAGAZINES: Senior Accountant, September 1996 to January 1998
- BALTIMORE JEWISH TIMES / STYLE MAGAZINE: Staff Accountant, May 1992 to September 1996